GRADUATE admission REQUIREMENTS
NJCU is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students and to issue I-20’s. International applicants must submit ALL of the following items to the Office of Graduate Studies not later than June 15 to be considered for Fall semester and by November 1st to be considered for Spring semester.
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for the degree program to which you are applying.
- Proof of English Proficiency. Click HERE for required tests and exemptions.
- Official copy of appropriate program test scores- GRE, MAT, or GMAT. Please note that the Graduate Office offers a waiver GMAT/ GRE in some cases.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Two official copies of all U.S. transcripts. All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of NACES (National Council of Credential Evaluation Services www.naces.org). Students should request a course by course evaluation that lists individual subjects and grades.
- Resume (required for: Accounting, Criminal Justice, Finance, Health Science and Professional Security Studies)
- Applicants for Art or Music programs should see additional application requirements (portfolio or audition) listed in the Graduate Catalog.
ALL application materials should be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Phone: +1 (201) 200-3409
Fax: +1 (201) 200-3411
Are you ready to apply to NJCU?
Click HERE to apply online (choose “Graduate”).
NJCU will waive application fees for international students. To apply for a fee waiver, please complete this form. Note: your application for admission must be received within seven days of your fee waiver request.